The Apollo of Dogs
Apollo was the most beautiful of the Greek gods, and it is certainly from this that the Great Dane takes its epithet. But Apollo also represents harmony and civilization, and as the leader of the Muses is the original patron of fine arts.
The cropped and natural versions are mirror images of each other, well suited to serving as gatekeepers, although they are available separately. The left gatekeeper has natural ears, and the right has cropped ears. Two patina options are available: French Brown or Ancient Green. Price list.
- Half life-sized, 27" long x 16" tall, bronze edition of 16 cropped, 16 natural
- Half life-sized, 27" long x 16" tall, cast marble edition of 99 cropped (SOLD OUT), 99 natural (SOLD OUT)
- Miniature, 6½" long, bronze edition of 99 cropped, 99 natural
- Miniature, 6½" long, open cast marble edition (natural ears SOLD OUT)
- Miniature, 6" long, pewter edition of 150 cropped, 150 natural